Grant and Contract Administration
To fiscally manage research and contract projects, principal investigators (PIs) at Sacramento State work closely with their assigned account administrator in Sponsored Programs Administration.
Account administrators perform the following grant and contract functions:
- apply costing principles contained in the federal Office of Management and Budget circulars A-21 and A-110
- analyze grant and contract agreements
- monitor budgets
- ensure expenditures are reasonable, allocable, and allowable
- serve as liaisons between PIs and UEI Human Resources and Payroll offices to ensure project staff are properly hired and compensated
- prepare and invoice sponsors
- prepare financial reports
- work with PIs to ensure compliance with deliverable schedules
- assist PIs with preparation and management of Request for Proposals for subrecipients/subcontractors
The account administrator provides a host of services for PIs to ensure compliance with the terms of grant agreements, contracts, University policies, federal regulations and relevant law at every step of the project — from account set-up to closing and audit. Account administrators assist PIs with the processing of forms required to establish and maintain accounts, make purchases, hire faculty and other project personnel, contract with consultants, and travel.
University Support Programs
In addition to the administration of grants and contracts, Sponsored Programs administers University Support Programs (USP) funds.
These discretionary accounts typically handle the flow of revenue and expenses associated with non-credit courses, conferences, workshops, and special projects. Requests for USP accounts must be submitted on the Request to Establish Account. Requests are reviewed and approved in consultation with the University.
Grant and contract awards and USP accounts at Sacramento State are accepted and administered by its authorized fiscal agent, University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that creates and manages an array of programs and services to support and strengthen the University’s mission of teaching, scholarship, and public service.
OneSolution Desktop Log In
OneSolution Desktop is University Enterprises Inc. (UEI) web-based portal designed to provide easy access to online financial reporting and proposal related information. Principal investigators (PIs) may request access for themselves or for project personnel by contacting their account administrator. If you experience difficulty accessing OneSolution Desktop, please contact your account administrator for assistance. More Information>>