Federal and private sponsors have specific policies and regulations governing the conduct of sponsored projects which they fund. In addition, Sacramento State and University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) have internal policies designed to standardize the conduct of business at the University and to ensure compliance with Chancellor’s Office executive orders.
Memos to Campus
- Sponsored Projects and Public Records Act Requests, 3/12/12
- Travel Compliance, 3/3/08
Federal Grant Policies
The Office of Management and Budget has issued 2 CFR 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance or UG), which goes into effect December 26th, 2014. This guidance will replace existing circulars and standardize federal requirements for grants and agreements. Below find a Quick Reference Guide and overview of how federal regulations will be applied:
Awards Subject to the Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200):
- All federal awards awarded on or after December 26, 2014.
- All subawards issued from a prime federal award dated on or after December 26, 2014
- Awards issued prior to December 26, 2014 with new funding added on or after December 26, 2014, in accordance with federal agency award modification.
Awards Subject to OMB Circulars A-21, A-110 and A-133:
- Awards issued prior to December 26, 2014, unless awarding Federal agency notifies recipients that the new guidance is effective on awards issued prior to December 26, 2014 (see #3 above).
- A-21 Cost Principles for Educational Institutions
This circular defines the allowability of costs on federal grants and the method of F&A (indirect) cost rate identification and calculation.
- A-110 Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Agreements with Institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals, and Other Nonprofit Organizations
This circular establishes standards for financial systems and financial reporting, procurement, and project administration.
- A-133 Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations
This circular establishes audit requirements for organizations receiving federal funds.
- The Uniform Guidance audit section (2 CFR 200, Subpart F) will not go into effect until the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2015.
- Grantees are not required to follow the Procurement Standards Sections (2 CFR 200.318-326) until the end of the first full fiscal year following the implementation date of December 26, 2014, which means the effective date for compliance with 2 CFR 200.318-326 for the CSU will be July 1, 2016.
University Related Guidelines and Policies
- Additional Employment
- Committee for Protection of Human Subjects Policies and Procedures
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Cost Sharing Policy
- Executive Order 890 Campus Response
- Faculty Additional Employment/Time and Effort Reporting
- Faculty International Travel Guidelines (Academic Affairs)
- Guidelines for Pursuing and Administering Gifts and Grants
- MPP Outside and Additional Employment
- Principal Investigator Guidelines
- Proposal Submission Guidelines
- Scientific Misconduct in Research Policy
- Travel Policies and Information
- University Policy Manual
University Enterprises, Inc. Related Guidelines and Policies
- Additional Employment Reporting
- Expenditure Policy
- Fixed Asset and Intangibles Asset Policy
- Purchase of Hazardous Materials Policy
- Purchasing Policy
- Request for Proposal FAQs
- Travel Policy