Standard Mileage Rates
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) standard mileage rate is:
- Effective January 1, 2021 – 56¢ per mile
- Effective January 1, 2022 – 58.5¢ per mile
University Enterprises Inc. (UEI)Travel Information
All travelers are required to submit a Travel Request form to UEI prior to departure date. The UEI Travel Request form includes an estimation worksheet, travel request, and travel claim form (designed for one trip). Faculty and staff that report to one of the colleges, divisions, or departments under Academic Affairs submit a singular travel request to meet the needs of both Academic Affairs and Sponsored Programs Administration. UEI employees who use their private vehicles or drive rental cars while traveling on UEI/Sacramento State business must provide certificate of insurance and evidence of a valid driver’s license at least 10 days before the departure date. See the UEI Safety page for more information.
Student travelers must also submit a UEI Student Release of Liability and Waiver form. Contact Sponsored Programs Administration for the form.
Funding proposals to any agency or organization that include international travel components for faculty, staff, or students require additional compliance and approval steps. Principal Investigators are urged to contact the Office of Research, Innovation, and Economic Development at least six weeks in advance of the proposal deadline so that the travel can be reviewed and the appropriate documentation requested via University Risk Management and/or the CSU Chancellor’s Office. If you have a currently funded project with international travel, your account administrator can assist with obtaining the necessary campus approvals prior to departure and rebudgeting for the required insurance as needed.
- At the proposal level, PIs must request a quote for foreign travel insurance from University Risk Management Services
- Individuals traveling on a project must also complete the International Travel Expense Justification and complete a Foreign Travel Insurance Program (FTIP) Report and Request to report the travel to the Chancellor’s Office and request insurance from FTIP.
- For more information, refer to the University’s International Travel Procedure